St. Agatha Love Rocks 2018
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. - 1 Corinthians 13:4-6
Thank you for visiting St. Agatha’s Love Rock page! Our goal is to spread the love of God and the love we have for each other far and wide. The world needs more love!
The students of St. Agatha school with the support of the Friends of St. Agatha Trust
(friendsofstagatha.org) have created “love rocks” with the reminder that “You Are Loved”. In a world that is becoming continually fractured, this simple reminder is a message of hope.
If you find a St. Agatha Love Rock, you can keep it for yourself or pass it on. Here are some suggestions for places to leave or give your St. Agatha Love Rocks:
1. To your teacher
2. With your tip at a restaurant
3. In parks
4. To someone who is lonely
5. To a police officer, fire fighter, EMT or other public servants
6. At your doctor’s office
7. In a department, convenience or grocery store
8. On someone’s pillow
9. To someone who looks happy
10. To a member of the clergy
11. To someone who looks sad
12. In your school or on your school campus
13. To a doctor or nurse
14. In a package sent to a friend or family member
15. On fences
16. In a hospital
17. In the coin return of vending machines
18. In the tip jar at a restaurant
19. On your neighbor’s porch
20. To a classmate
21. On a trip or vacation
22. At the beach
23. To someone who is sick
24. To your coach
25. To someone special
The possibilities are endless!
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN
St. Agatha Love Rocks were made using stickers and sealed with Modge Podge spray.
They can also be made using fabric or paint for the hearts. Here are the instructions for making your own love rocks using fabric instead of stickers:
FABRIC HEART LOVE ROCKS
You will need the following items:
Decoupage Medium (Mod Podge)
1. CUT OUT HEARTS. Double your fabric and cut into 2 inch long strips. Fold the strips in half longways, start at the top and cut 1/2 a heart on the fold. Doubling your fabric makes it easier to keep the fabric in place while your cutting. Make sure that the hearts that you cut will fit on the rocks you have...you don't want them to be too big.
2. APPLY MOD PODGE on the top of the rock in a thin coat.
3. PLACE FABRIC HEART ON TOP OF MOD PODGE
4. COVER THE HEART AND THE TOP OF THE ROCK WITH MOD PODGE using a thin coat.
5. LET DRY for 15 minutes.
6. APPLY a thin coat of MOD PODGE on the back of the rock.
7. PLACE Your LOVE ROCK TAG ON The BACK OF the ROCK
1. MOD PODGE OVER the tag and back of the rock using a thin coat.
8. LET DRY overnight.
9. TAKE YOUR FINISEHED ROCKS AND START SPREADING LOVE